Design Haven, LLC Terms and Conditions of Service
It is required that you agree to these terms in order to proceed with the process.
These terms and conditions apply to all clients and customers of Design Haven, LLC aka My Design Haven. If the client and/or customer doesn’t not agree to these terms, then the Designer of Design Haven, LLC chooses to refrain from working with the client and/or customer.
Please agree to the Terms of agreement for Design Haven, LLC E-Design services to continue with your project.
- E-Design is an online decorating consultation service only. All recommendations are regarded as suggestions to improve the look of your space and not intended for construction purposes. If any construction or structural modification is discussed it must be fulfilled with a licensed trade person in your local area.
- Client agrees to provide full information regarding the client’s requirements for the project.
3. Design Haven, LLC will perform services as expeditiously as is consistent with professional skill, care, and the orderly progress of the E-Design project.
4. Design Haven, LLC will not be responsible for the means, methods or procedures of construction fabrication, delivery and installation, or safety precautions in connection with the E-Design project; for the acts or omissions of the contractor or any subcontractor, supplier, or other person performing the work on the E-Design project; or for any failure of them to meet any schedules or completion dates.
5. Design Haven, LLC cannot be held responsible for arranging repairs, replacement or freight claims for purchases made in conjunction with recommendations for E-Design project.
6. Client may cancel up to 24 hrs after payment has been received. After that no refunds are given.
The client’s responsibilities are to:
- Sign this Letter of Agreement and submit payment.
- Fill out questionnaire
- Submit requested measurements.
- Reply to any/all emails that require further actions for Designer to complete client project(s).
The Designer is not responsible for incorrect measurements made by the client. Fees does not include travel, initial consultation, purchasing, set up, and/or installations.
All communications will be done electronically via email and/or via website platform. Should the client go more than 5 business days without replying to the Designer, the project will be put on hold for a 15 day grace period from the pause date. The designer will move on to another project. If client reaches out to the Designer within the15 day grace period, the client and Designer will communicate a new start up date to continue the project from where it was previously left. If the client does not reply within the 30 days grace period given, the project will be closed and no further actions from either party will be done. The Designer will communicate the 15 day grace period via email, and if no response takes place within the 15 day grace period, then the Designer will communicate the project closure after the 15 day grace period has ended. No refund will be allowed for projects started including projects that are within the 15 day grace period.
The client understands and agrees to arrange each room listed when all packages have arrived with the set-up instructions included in this design package.
The Designer will not monitor, assist, or recommend contractors or architects of any kind. It is the client’s responsibility to find their own contractors/architects and monitor their work. The designer will not set up electrical, plumbing or permanent installations. It is the client’s responsibility to hire the right professional consultant to complete the task. Consulting charges by any and all architects, contractors or other advisors that are required shall be billed directly to you by the consultant.
The client understands that there is a 10% purchasing mark up for all purchases to be made by the designer on non-trade items.
The client understands that all payments are due prior to the designer creating the designs for the projects. The designer will not release product details until the service has been paid in full.
- The client may choose to break up payment and pay per room, or may pay a lump sum of the amount calculated.
- The client may choose to have the designer assist with the purchasing process. Any further assistance will require a supplement contract to be signed and an additional fee will be presented. Inquire for more details.
- Payments may be collected through Venmo, Paypal, Zelle, mail in check
- Prior to the project start date, a retainer fee will need to be collected. An agreed amount between the Client and the Designer will be collected at the time of the Design Service Agreement
- Should the client decide to add additional rooms and/or services, a supplemental agreement will be provided for those services added.
This agreement may be terminated by either party if:
The client does not reply within the 15 day grace period given by the Designer and/or follow any terms listed. The designer may move on to other projects, therefore postponing your projects. No refunds will be issued.
The client’s projects are also subject to cancellation, should the client not follow these terms upon signing this agreement.
No refund will be issued for a client who chooses not to follow the terms of this agreement.
In the event of termination by the client, the client agrees to compensate the designer for all work completed up to the time of termination. A refund request will not be accepted for any work already completed for a project.
If the designer does not follow the terms of this agreement, the client may choose to submit a refund request, and the designer will re-evaluate what went wrong.
The client agrees to never slander the name of the Designer on any social platforms under any given circumstance.
Other Terms Applicable to this Project:
Drawings and documents to be prepared for this project remain the property of the Interior Designer and cannot be used without permission of the designer. Please give credit to the Designer when posting on social media platforms.
The designer is not responsible for changes made by your or consultants without notification to the designer.
Project completion email will be sent to the client. The client will have 30 days after the completion email to communicate with the Designer in regards to the project. An additional $75 per hour will be charged to the client after the 30 days have ended. The 30 day communication period will include out of stock item replacements, issues with the design project, etc. This will not include project edits.
If the client chooses to wait to make any purchases and the time goes past 30 days of communication, the designer is not obligated to find alternate goods for the client for any items that have gone out of stock. It will then become the client’s responsibility to find any out of stock items on their own.
Any work that the client requests of the Interior Designer in addition to the work described will only be started after an amended agreement has been prepared and approved by both parties.
The client and designer agree that these terms constitute the complete agreement between the Designer and the Client. Both parties also agree that disputes are to be handled by a third party arbitrator. You authorize signature on a copy of this agreement and a payment for the services to be completed are necessary before we can begin the services described.
We thank you for the opportunity to submit this agreement and are delighted to work with you!